Thursday, April 11, 2013

Blogging challenge day 10 - portfolio time

It's that time of year again. The school year is coming to a close and it's time for me to put all the portfolios together showcasing the children's' work. This time of year is bittersweet for me. Most of the pre-k children are moving up and out of our school to various kindergarten classes. A handful will stay and continue at the school.
But it is so nice to look back at the projects and see what was a hit and what was a miss.

I love to look at one child's body of work and see how much they've grown and improved since September. I love to look at all the self portraits and see if I can guess who it is without looking at the name. I gather up the Matisse patterned hands that the pre-k so diligently worked on and marvel at their ability at such a young age. So another year comes to an end. I have one more lesson next month with the K-1 class and I'll send them home with their work, give them a hug and hope that in a small way I've made art fun while introducing them to the wonderful world of art history.

No comments: